Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"fill yur hands, you....."‏ July 7, 2010

This week has just flown by!!!!!!
The work is going forward...and all is well!!!

We have 3 investigators with their baptisms marked, two are young men (Junior and Jhon)that, if all goes well, we will baptize this week. They are brothers that we found and have been teaching; they have also been going to seminary for two weeks already! Junior has a had to change a lot of things, and we are hoping that he will be fully ready by Saturday.
The other is Stheven (which you pronounce like "Estevão"). He is nineteen and a really smart guy. The bishop is sure that he will serve a mission one day!(as am I)

He is marked to be baptized next week, on the 17th. But we have had a little trouble in meeting him to teach. I guess that a lot of his friends say lots of bad stuff about the church.
But the elect will come when the Master calls.

Haha, my comp always points out funny things about the culture here that seem to be normal to me by now. He calls the bikes here “brasilian suburbans” as the people always manage to fit their whole family on one bike and still ride comfortably!..kk
I guess you can tell if they are rich if it has brakes.

On the 4th of July, my comp had printed out the song “Why I love her” as narrated by John Wayne, made me appreciate my homeland quite a bit.
My son(greenie)is quite the patriot, I have learned a lot about American history and politics on the time we have in between visits and such. He is a cool kid.

Today we went to the city park with Elder Neuberger and Elder Whitehead to see the alligators, monkeys, snakes, and such. There are some pretty thick patches of jungle here in Maceio!

Well, all goes well.
I really love Brasil, it has become part of me… or… I think that maybe I´ve got some Brasilian blood running through my veins..?!

Take care, and above all. “don’t worry…be happy”!

Love your favorite adventurer,
Elder Indiana Olson