Thursday, July 15, 2010

Da-da-da--DA july 14, 2010

Well, today was quite the Indiana Jones adventure!
A 3 mile run at 5 in the morning to catch the train into town,
a 1 hour 1/2 car ride through sugar cane fields,
and a 20 or so mile walk through the Brazilian mountains with nothing but a bull-whip and a classy cowboy hat.
Lost in the rain, and running from stray dogs and snakes and a wonderful ending to the story. (alright so i made up the part about the bull-whip and hat)

But, today was absolutely great.
I made the last visit to Viçosa today. We did a hike and then said good-bye to some old friends.
It actually felt kind-of weird. I still felt like I would be seeing those people again soon, but it may be a good while.
I really love that place.

This past week has gone by well, we have found some great new families to work with; which was pretty exciting for us!
On Saturday we baptized the two brothers; Juracy (or Junior) and his brother named "Jhon Lennon". kkk I know right? wW got a good laugh out of it too as we filled out the baptismal form.
Now we will just have to find and baptize Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Star!
These two brothers are pretty powerful though. Over the last 3 weeks we have seen such an incredible change in them.
Things are continually getting better in the work. Unfortunately, some of our baptisms fell through, but we are working very well with the leadership in the ward.
thanks for your prayers and support,
gotta run!
love,
Elder Olson