Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feb. 24 , 2010 Iapois!‏

The week has been great. Me and Elder Castro have been working very hard and have truly found many that the Lord had been preparing for us.
Next weekend there are 2 men that will be baptized. One man has been in a wheelchair all of his life, his name is Josué (or Joshua in english). We started bringing him to church, and discovered that a returned sister missionary in the ward is his cousin! She is helping us teach him, and he is excited for his baptism! The other man is Junior, he lives with his mother and has spent his life visiting various churches but would always lose interest. He understood the importance of the restoration when we taught and is always full of great questions.
I am excited to help them, yet it is always a constant battle, it wont be when I see them immersed in the water that I will feel at ease.
The other week we had also found a great family of 5, that received us. The man is Ronaldo, his wife Ana Paula, and their 3 kids (16,8,3).
When we taught them about the Restoration of the Gospel, the Spirit was so incredibly strong. I could see the light in their eyes as their listened intently and believed.
Yet what astonished them more than anything else was that we told them not to believe just because we told them, but to ask the Lord. They are very excited to learn more about the church. We have already talked about baptism. Now it is just up to them, to see if they really will seek and experiment.
After this we will pass by and pick up their 16 yr. old son (Micael) to play soccer with us today.

Please pray that we may have success in helping these people. We have worked hard to find them, and I know that the Lord truly put them in our path.
It has been great to work with Elder Castro, he and I have been getting along great! I am very happy in this new area..
Tomorrow is zone conference. so we will have to plan that all out a bit later tonight.
Dad you wanted to know the streets we work on. There are 3 barrios in our area of Maceio, one called "Joaquim Leão", the other is "Virgim dos Pobres" and a small area of the part called "Virgel". There is a part next to the lake(Lagoa) Mundaú, where all of the houses are made of sticks and garbage. But I don't know if you'll be able to see much detail on Google earth. One thing you should see is a lot of sewage!

Well I´ll have to go, I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Valeu galera!
Elder Olson
--Elder Matthew Olson