Well, it was great to hear from you, and know how things are going. It sounds like Utah will be very Olson-less this week.
Hey congratulations Jared!!! Ex-sis. missionary, eh? You´ll have to send me some photos.
So, this past week has been incredible! I am loving my new area and my new comp. alot. I think I already mentioned that his name is Elder Pimenta (which translates to "Elder hot-pepper")--haha, he is an awesome elder. We arrived in the MTC on the same day. I arrived here and my companion was already on fire, so it has been a week of alot of work and success.
The people here in Viçosa are great. I honestly love them, member or not. I will say that this area is a bit difficult, there are alot of inactive members that will not return to church. They are incredible people, but just lack the desire to follow the gospel plan. The Branch here is very weak. I have never been in such an empty sacrament meeting in my life. However, E. Pimenta and I have some great ideas to fill it up. We have been doing alot this week. I can't tell you how great the people are here. It feels that I have already connected with alot of the members as well as non-members. I am really looking forward to this transfer. Viçosa is such a cool city. It is hidden between a forest of mountainous hills, with the Paraíba river running through the middle. Honestly I have never been in such a beautiful place and better too. For some reason it is not half as hot as Estância (go figure, eh?) The state of Alagoas is alot greener and more tropical than Sergipe. One thing not so great is that Viçosa is one of the only areas of the mission where the missionaries don't have lunch with the members (because of money and lack of members). Thus, we have been cooking alot, which I am actually enjoying. Our house sits right in front of the market, where there is an abundance of anything that you need.
Well, I need to get going, here in a bit we will teach seminary for the youth here. Thank you all for your support. I miss you all a bunch, however I can't tell how grateful I am for this opportunity to be involved in the Lord's work and to work in such an incredible place that I never knew existed.
Um abraço,-Elder olson
p.s.- I still haven't had time to take a picture of anything here. But I will send one as soon as I can..-valeu...