



E aí..belezinha?
Well this week has been great. We have been working a bunch in preparation for the new chapel. This weekend will be the rededication and the open house, where people will visit to see the renovation and learn more about the gospel doctrine. It really is a beautiful chapel. I am so excited to have meetings there (that little house just ain´t cutting it). The only sad thing is that I will probably only see one meeting there. Next week we will have transfers, and most likely I will leave Estancia. I really love it here, and I am going to miss it alot. I have made some lifelong friends, and to be honest this little farm-town just feels like home. Yet who knows, I may end up staying another transfer (but I´m not counting on it) If not, this is my last week having bikes for the rest of the mission. Estancia being the only area with bikes. I think I will send some good photos of me and my bike. Yeah, we have really become attached.
This week we were able to visit some of our investigators with the ward mission leader, Araujo. He is such an awesome guy. He has such a great spirit about him and always knows the perfect thing to say when teaching our investigators. He is one of those people who has a story or a personal experience to help every person that he meets. I love that guy. He served his mission in Recife. I think that is were President Olsen´s son is serving, eh?
The past few days have been hot!.(no surprise eh.. it always is here) Yet we had a day where it rained a good half of the day. It is always good to work in the rain. The only problem is that there are alot of dirt roads and with the bikes flipping up clumps of mud, it doesnt take too long to get soaked and covered in mud.
Today we woke up early and made a huge bike trip, trying to find a bridge that is near the ocean. After biking for a good 2 hours through the hills full of nothing but forest, fields of cattle, little farms, and small communities scattered here and there (living in houses made of palm leaves and sticks or mud houses), passing through a small civilized city. The axle on my bike broke entirely. Luckily we were near a main road and we were able to find an onibus traveling to Estancia. We were so close to arriving in Indiaroba, a port city, yet without a bike it just didn´t work out.
Well, the work is going well. Elder Silva and I are working hard and teaching alot of people.. each day is difficult. Yet I know that I am gaining needed attributes everyday, and am gaining a greater testimony of this the Lord's work. I am so grateful for the restoration of the church of Jesus Christ, and for the Book of Mormon. There is only one thing better than living through the adventures and testimonies of Prophets in this book and that is actually living your own experiences. I have no doubt that this is the kingdom of God. I have no doubt that He lives and that He loves and cares for each one of his children. Not having a child of my own, I have no idea what it must feel like . But I know that it must be hard for Him to see us trip, stumble and lose faith. This gospel is perfect, although each man who is trying to live it is not. I know that it is only through the gospel that we may acheive our full potential.
Well, we are going to visit a member that lives clear at the far end of our area named Grazielle and her family.They are incredible. We are helping her husband get baptized. This family has become great friends to me. I think that she made us a giant chocolate egg for us as a easter gift! -so that should be good. They live about an hour walk from church and yet they are there every week, smiling and happy, to learn more about God's plan for us.
Oh hey, speaking of easter, so here they have a big stuffed dummy that represents Judas Escariot (which they beat and burn, the night before Easter), then on Easter morning they have a giant catholic parade called The Halleluia! It was pretty cool to see.
The next big party is the Fiesta de "São João"! Wow, I have heard that this is the craziest of them all and that Estancia is the biggest place for this fiesta.
Ha, good thing I´ll be leaving, eh?
Well, gotta go.. I love you all a bunch.
tchau tchau.-elder olson p.s.- It would be good to get a few pictures from you all. The only updated pictures I have seen lately are Dan and Sara´s family and one of Taide(tell them thanks). eu te amo..valeu....
(remember he can't keep emails we send, but a pix in the mail, he could keep. mom)