



Wow, This past week has gone by so fast.
So the work is going well here. Although right now we are in a bit of a depression with investigators and baptisms, but the work continues everyday. It seems like we have been finding alot of lazy people lately. It is very hard to stay animated about the work when everyone that you are trying to help is too lazy to help themselves.
I have learned that my part only goes so far, the rest is up to that person. I think one of the hardest things to see, is someone who really knows what they need to do, someone who has felt the spirit and recognizes the need for repentance and change; but just doesnt want to do it. It is even worse when they try to justify their wrong way of living.
Yet, amidst all this- we are still finding those that are willing to put forth their faith, and search to find the truth, those that are willing to change for the better. I know that it is people like this, those that are humble, who will be blessed by the Lord. Sometimes I have to stop for a minute and just think- what now? How can I find that one person in this group of a hundred? And to be honest, I dont know how. But I know that the Lord helps us find that person everytime.
Here in the north-west of Brasil the people are very warm-hearted. It is easy for them to accept our message about Jesus Christ. Everyone here has been raised learning about Him their entire lives; and it wasn´t until 2 weeks ago that I met someone that didn´t believe in Christ. ( an old tatooed crazy-man, passing through from Salvador) However, these people have been greatly confused regarding what the Lord expects of us. They know Jesus Christ existed, it is almost like basic knowledge. However they really dont know Him at all, and that is why I am here. Although it´s been tough, I am loving it here. Each day we are seeing the Lord's hand in our work. I have learned that He is always there ready to help. We just need to seek it.
Well, today we went to the beach near Estancia with Walisson and the sisters. We had a great time, just cruising the beach drinking coconut water. But wow, it is so hot here!
I am very excited for conference, my testimony of the prophet has grown alot out here and I cannot wait to hear his council. Also, it is a great experience to let our investigators see and hear our prophet today.
If I am counting right we should be baptising someone, while you all are watching the saturday afternoon session. That should be cool to think about.
Well, thanks for all the support..
I love you all. Say a prayer for this people, eh?
Valeu,-Elder Olson