There has been so much rain these past weeks! I talked to Elder Neuberger today and he told me that he had to take a canoe to church this past week!
A lot of people are missing because of the floods and many houses are destroyed. All missionaries are well though, and we aren't very close to any of the flooding.
A lot of inner cities were affected because most run alongside some large rivers… I think that there are thousands of people missing and lots of destruction. Kinda sad, but that is the toll of nature I guess..
Things are going well here. Yesterday we had our zone conference with Elder Ellis from the Area Presidency. He gave a very interesting training about what the Lord does, what the Spirit does and what we need to do to edify the church.
-I really liked the way that he explained 1 Néphi 3:7; saying that the Lord has gone before us in our areas, and in every place that we will be or anything that we will do the Lord went before us and prepared the way for us to accomplish what we have been called to.
We have been working and trying to find those that the Lord has been preparing, yet we have had a bit of a hard time so far. We have very few members in the place that we have been assigned to work. But no worries we will find them, just keep praying for us… Elder Messer and I are having some great experiences and learning a ton here with the Brazilian people!
There is an awesome lady in our area, named Sister Borges, that takes care of us quite well. I think she likes us to call her mãe, as she is always a mother to the missionaries.
Hahahaha, on a funnier note, Elder Messer is a huge John Wayne fan, so our days are usually full of John Wayne quotes and such! He is a really funny guy and a great companion. We will work hard together, I just hope that we will baptize!
I want you all to know that I know that this gospel is true and that it is the only way that we can make it back to the presence of our Father in Heaven
Love you all, and hope you have a great week
-Elder Olson