He goes......makes the pass........... goes into the area and.........GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOL PARA BRASIL!!!!!!!!
If you hadn´t heard yet....Brazil won their first game yesterday!!!! The whole country is pretty excited.
We weren't able to watch it but we definitely heard all of the explosions on the streets and the FESTA!!!
We have had quite the rainy week. I can't even remember the last time that I saw the sun!
Elder Messer and I have been working hard to find a teaching group and a good place. We are getting to know the area a whole lot better.
The members in our ward are awesome!! Sunday was a great meeting,although none of our investigators showed up. We had a man visit the church who came with his girlfriend (who is already a member of the church).
There are 4 missionaries in the ward, so the area has a division. Unfortunately most of the members that help live on the other side of the division. So we will have to work extra hard to find the Lords elect.
We live high up on a hill above the lake Mundaú, which is the same lake that was next to my last area, only now we are on the other side! Part of our area here has a road that leads down to a little villa called Fernão Velho. It is a very pretty place and seems almost like a country-style little town (though is is very close to Maceió)
In the bottom (which takes about 40 minutes to get to) lives a member of the church that is a pioneer. Her name is Irmã Borges, and she seems like a mom to the missionaries. She is really great. Her testimony is very strong and I know that we will be able to use her and her family to help bring others to the church.
I can see alot of potential in this place.
I know that the Lord will help us find a family to teach and baptize this transfer!!
It is so incredible to see the change that the gospel has made in the lives of many of the members here. There is no way that I could deny the truth of these teachings after seeing so many proofs of the blessings of the Lord. But I can only recognize these things because I first put my faith in the Lord. Just as he promised in D&C 63, "certainly, signs will follow those that believe."
I know that God lives and that the church is true, I am so grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ and to bring this restored gospel into the lives of others.
Time is short, and the Lord is soon to come!
I love you all, and hope that all goes well!
until next time,
Elder Olson
2nd email...
Hey mom and dad,
President has decided to change my return date to the 11th of August again. I did all that I could to stay until the 25th; because it was really what I wanted to do, but I guess that the President just felt that I really had to go home on the 11th.
The good part is that I´ll have a little more time to spend with you guys before school starts. But to be honest, I don't feel ready to go yet.
love you guys