Wednesday, May 19, 2010

porquê a mangeira não tá dando!?‏ May 19, 2010

Hey gang...
The work is going forward here. We had our first baptism of the transfer on Saturday (Gustavo), he is friend to a young man that we had baptized last transfer.
The youth here in the ward is very strong. We always mark(schedule) with them to play soccer most every p-day.
The group of young men that have been baptized here in the past few months has been quite big. I am sure that within the next few years many of them will be serving missions of their own.
Our trio was going well with Elder Cordeiro, Elder G. Rocha and I.... but it all ended Sunday afternoon, when Elder Lobo was sent to complete the second companionship.
We will be able to get a lot more work done here in the ward now, which is great.
It was funny that Elder Lobo is companions with Elder Cordeiro. If you translate their names it is "elder Wolf" and "elder Lamb"..kkkkkk

This week I did a split with Elder Ramos to work in his area with him. It was great to work together again (just like old times). If you can remember, he was my first junior companion and one of my favorite companions that I have had.
What a great missionary, friend and counselor to me.
He told me that after the mission he is planning on leaving the Amazon and moving back to Rio de Janeiro. Hopefully he will be able to visit in Utah someday. But it may take a while. I would love you guys to meet him.

We are working hard to find those that the Lord is preparing. Yet lately it seems like we have had a very hard time doing so.
I liked an analogy that Elder Ramos told me the other day. He said missionary work is like a mango tree. Mango trees are usually very big and not all of the mangos will be ripe at the same time. You can spend a long time trying to find just one ripe mango at times. At other times there may be several ripe and ready to pick.
A lot of times when the mango is ripe it will fall right into your hands when you least expect it.
I think that a great moral of this is that all is done in the Lord´s time. No matter how much you feel like eating a mango, you cannot make it ripen any faster than it will be ripe.
But when it is, you better be ready to catch it when it falls.
So I guess that you could say that I´m in the mango picking business!!!:)
I´ll just have to pray for some rain.

Well, I better go...
Love you all.
Falou,
E. Olson