Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It was good to hear from you all....but even better that I´ll talk to you this Sunday!
Things are going great here. We gave an exciting training to the zone yesterday and have been working hard and thinking of some new ideas to bring more people to church to help the members get involved in the missionary work.
I have realized that there are a lot of new missionaries on the mission that do not have a lot of experience, but I can see that each is excited to work! We are helping them to be a lot bolder. Which is an important part of missionary work here.
I am actually really loving our trio. It has turned out to be very effective and I am grateful to be with two great elders like elder G. Rocha and Elder Cordeiro.
We have already gotten to be great friends.e
We have worked hard to find new people to teach this week. Although we only have a little success, the Lord blessed us by leading a young couple to the church Sunday night.
The stake president accompanied us to their house and stayed to teach the first lesson. They truly are an elect family. I am very excited to help them arrive at the waters of baptism!
Today we went to the center (which is about 30 minutes away from our house-by foot)... and we met up with elder Ramos, who is now in my zone, to eat "açaí na tigela" (someday i´ll have to explain that to you)
All is well here.........
But I figure that I´ll talk to you all on Sunday so I´d better save some stuff to say to you then!
Hope that all is well back home..
love you guys and talk to ya soon,
-E. Olson