Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Iapois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! March 23, 2010

Hey everyone....
Well it has been a good week for us. The new transfer just began yesterday.
My companion, Elder Castro was called to be Assistant to the President, which I had foreseen. He is an awesome missionary.
I stayed in Alvorada and my new companion arrived yesterday as well. His name is Elder Hardisty, he is an American from Hawaii. He arrived on the mission a few months after me so we know each other pretty well already.
He is a great guy and we are super excited to work together this transfer..!!!
Things are going well with the teaching. We are teaching some people that are incredible, but we are having a hard time getting them to accept a baptismal date.
A new American arrived in our zone yesterday. We met up with him and some other missionaries to play basketball today. --WOW, I am so surprised at how white and young looking the new missionaries arrive. They are always so excited and full of fire, but stick out like a sore thumb!
To explain where I live a little better: if you look at the giant lake on the south side of Maceio (lake Mundaú) you will see a little part above the peninsula that looks like a bulb, that is all my area.
Most of it is 2 barrios called Vergel, and Joaquim Leao and most of the streets are numbers and letters or have 3 different names (none of which are official). I am excited for General Conference. It is always such a boost and a spiritual experience for members and non-members. I hope that it helps out our the family that we are teaching.
The other missionaries from my group and I are wanting to get together in October and watch conference live and visit the Salt Lake Temple, since it will have been a while for us...
-thanks for you support and love.
Um abraço forte para todos.
Elder Matthew Olson