Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2010 HEY!

I can't believe that this transfer is already over, it has passed by so fast!!! But it has been really great here with Elder Castro, though I´m not too sure if we will stay together for the next one.
The family that we are teaching is doing great. At church they had heard someone mention something about the temple sealing and this week they had asked us to explain a little about it. They were so excited to hear that there was a marriage that is more than "until death do you part".
It has been really cool to teach this family, and I am hoping that here in a week or so they will be baptized!
There is a part of our area that sits on the beach of the lake called Mundaú (which is saltwater). The entire beachfront is full of little houses made of garbage, in most of which, live people who make their living fishing and selling other sea foods. Almost everyone on every corner sells a little oyster type creature called "sururú" that stinks pretty bad and there is this weird looking crab that looks like it is from the dinosaur age called "sirí"... We are teaching a few people that live there, and were given a bag of these ocean creatures, so we will see it we can cook them tonight!
Today, we ate hamburgers and fries that we made at home. Wow it has been along time since I´ve eaten that.
I am so grateful to be a part of this work, and have seen that confidence in the Spirit helps us find and teach those that the Lord is preparing..
I can truly say that miracles happen. If we have faith and look for them.
I think that when I was younger, I always doubted that the Lord could do miracles in our lives or that the Lord really has power to do His will. But it's true, and I am grateful to know it!

I just want you all to know that I am happy. The past 6 weeks have been great.
As Neil Young would say--"keep on rockin in the free world" everybody!!!
Até o Próximo!
Elder Olson