Well, its here.!.......
”Dia de Ação de Graças” or Thanksgiving to the rest of the world. It has been a good week. We have been so busy trying to fix some problems that only now have I been able to stop and breath!! But it has been good. The missionaries in our Zone are great, I am really excited to work with all of them and help them out. I love my companion, Elder Santos. He is hilarious and is very excited about the work! We are going crazy down here(in a good way)!
I was trying to remember last Thanksgiving. If I remember correctly we were having a baptism that night! What a great thing to be grateful for. To be honest I had completely forgotten that it was Thanksgiving. Sorry, but I have been Brazilianised and almost forgot that this day existed. We had a good game of soccer today, and I think that will be the sum of my thanksgiving since my pockets are dry and have no money. Besides visiting and few people, maybe we will be able to mark a dinner appointment with some member. But if not, I´m just fine with that, a braszilian thanksgiving is better than no thanksgiving:)
There are so many things that I have to be thankful for. I truly cannot understand why the Lord has blest me with so many marvelous things, I think that above anything else that I am grateful for is all of you; my family, friends and everyone else who has been there for me when I most needed it.I don’t think I can thank you all enough for that. I hope you know the difference that you made in my life… I am grateful for all of the little nieces and nephews that I have… I love you all so much and miss being able to play with you guys..
I am grateful for this mission, for the experiences, for all that it has taught me and for all that it will teach me still.
I am grateful that ´God is good´… I am greatful that he lets the sun shine and the rain pour on the just and the unjust. I am greatful that he blesses us even when we don´t deserve it. I feel that a large part of my blessing have come to me because of you mom and dad.
The church is true. I am so happy that my testimony of Jesus Christ is not found in a book or in another person but it is in me. Last night we visited a woman that we had recently taught about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. It was incredible to see how good the Lord is to us. She asked in prayer and the Lord directed her to the answer that she was searching. I think that that is something that I have truly come to know out here. –That the Lord is there.
I hope Thanksgiving goes well for everyone, eat some extra mash potatoes and gravy for me alright!?Time is flying,
I´ll talk to you all soon…
You´re brother, son, and friend……..-Elder Olson