



Well the transfer is just about over. I can´t believe how fast it went by!-I am excited to see what will happen next.
I am really liking it here, the members here are awesome; yet I´m not sure if I will stay, just because of how strange this transfer was…--last week we had interviews with the President, it was great. President Beynon is such a great help, and I am glad to have him as my mission president. He told me that this next transfer will have a lot of big changes, because many missionaries will be leaving and there is a large group of new missionaries arriving.So lets just see what happens, eh?
This week I have been able to get to know my companion a lot better. Ha, Elder C. Santos is hilarious. He is a lot different from the other brazilian companions that I have had (generally, I hear that most brazis from the south are a bit different)—but he is a great companion. We have gotten along very well together.
As I said, I am liking the area, the members are great and I am eating very well (which is quite a change from how things were in Viçosa). Two weeks ago, the ward here had a missionary complete his mission.. his name is “Thiago” (which means James in portugese). He returned from his mission in Rio De Janeiro, and has been helping us out a ton.
I have really been able to see the Lords hand in our work. It has been hard to find people here in this area with our own efforts, yet it seems that the Lord has been leading them to us.
This week we went to eat lunch at a members house that lives in a little sítio with tons of fruit trees, what a great place. They also had a little pet monkey called a “Sagüí” that we played with for a while.. it was a lot of fun.
Well, by next week, I should have some new exciting news for you all, but as for now i´m just trekkin` on.
I have been amazed over the past week as I have read many stories of integrity, in the scriptures. So many men that, in the face of total opposition, never abandoned God. Your faith must be great to choose a den on lions over a cease of prayer, or enter a battlefield alone against a giant. God lives! ..and His power is real. It just depends on our faithfulness.
Thanks for everything gang… I love you all a bunch.--and i´ll be talking to you before you know it.. Christmas is right around the corner!Love you all,-Elder Olson