Even though I am in another country and able to see many new things and have new experiences each day, still one of the "best" things is hearing from you all back home (or wherever you may be).
This week has gone great. Elder Dinwiddie and I are doing well together. We have been working very hard to find new people to teach, since our teaching pool has gotten extremely small.
So pray that we find those that will accept the gospel.
It has been quite a new experience. Mainly because ever since I arrived I have had a fluent speaking companion that is able to carry a lot of the weight of the work. Yet, I have already seen a great improvement in Elder Dinwiddie since he has arrived.
It may be a bit hard for him to recognize it now, but I can see him slowly growing in the language..
This week has made me remember a lot of how it was for me when I first arrived, no one understands you, you are way white (and soon sunburned). Most of the time you have no clue of what is going on and all you want to do is convert everyone!!! But you can´t because they don't know a word that your saying!
It is a little frustrating. But I think that it is necessary too; like i told my new companion "more than anything else, this transfer, you will learn how to be patient".
It is also a very humbling experience too.
Yet, I don't think that I have every prayed so hard in my life, than during that first transfer. Everything is a new experience... the food, the people, and well.. just everything!!
I realized this week, how accustomed I have become to everything. Brazil just feels like home now:) ----all it´s missing is you all...
It was funny, this Sunday, as we ate tripa, buxada, and mocotó at a members house. (if you want to know what it is you can look up the words).
I think it will be a quite a change in food for my new "son" (comp.) haha..
I have been surprised at how well he is already speaking, I can testify to you all that the Lord truly does help his missionaries learn the language skills needed to help people in their assigned missions.
Well, I need to go. Just wanted to say that all is well, and that I love you all a bunch.
Mom and dad, send love to my Scottish friends and family.
I want you all to know that I know the Lord lives, and is with us as we do this wonderful work here among the people of Brazil.
I know that God calls men to do his work, and prepares them to be something greater.
I know that Jesus is the Christ, and that is at the head of this church.
in His name, amen.
I hope all goes well back home, and in Scotland..
I pray for you all and miss you a hunchables!
-Elder Olson
P.S. I attached a few pictures
´1- Me and E. Ramos with a few members on his last week here
2- Elder Gonçalves(meu Pai), me(O Pai), and Elder Dinwiddie(meu filho) hey, check out the skin difference.. it looks like I am slowly turning Brasilian!!??
3- Me and E. Dinwiddies first p-day at one of the waterfalls here!!
p.s.s.-send these photos to E. Dinwiddies family.