It was good to hear from you all, since I wasn´t able to check my e-mail last week.-Our zone had an activity at the president´s house where we all played soccer together (along with the president). It was alot of fun, yet we didn´t get back in our area until p-day ended.
Well, work had been going well as the transfer was ending, then this monday the new transfers came. Everyone was telling me that I would be transferred from Viçosa (because I have already been here quite a while).
We waited anxiously to see what would happen...then it finally came! I saw my name still in Viçosa, yet in place of Elder Ramos'name was written "novo filho"(new son)meaning that I would be training here. I was very excited.
On tuesday I went with Elder Ramos and dropped him off at his new area in Maceió; and then met up with the president, assistants(the new assistant is E. Gonçalves--my trainer), secretaries, and a few other trainers to go to the airport and pick up the new missionaries.
WOW! What a flashback! It seems like yesterday that I was arriving at the airport. We greeted the greenies and went with them to the presidents house, where they had an orientation meeting. Then, they announced the new companionships. It is kind-of an exciting moment...my new companion is an American!!! Kind-of something different than what I am used to. His name is Elder Dinwiddie, and he is from Nebraska.! He seems like a very great Elder, I am very excited to work with him(and be his "father" on the mission). I would send a picture of him for you all, but I forgot my camera.
Really though, the first thing that went through my mind when I met him was,"Nebraska, where in the world is Nebraska?" Yeah, kind of sad, I know. I am starting to forget alot of common american knowledge. Well, I am very excited for this transfer. It should be a great experience for us both. We left Maceió last night to make the 3 hour bus ride to Viçosa. Then, this morning I took him to one of the waterfalls. He had a great time,but now it´s time to WORK!!!!!
I hope that you have a great trip, mom and dad... give everyone there a big hug from me, okay?
I miss you all a bunch and pray that all goes well back home.
love ya,
-Elder "Pai" Olson