Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 10 "Hump Day"

I made it... So here I am with 1 year behind me in Brasil, today being the 1 year mark for me here on the mission.

It´s a little strange really, to think that I have been away from you all for that long. Yet at the same time it has never felt like we have really been all that far away.

I love the time that i have had here in Brasil, there is definately nothing that i could substitute for this mission. It is a once in a life time opportunity to grow and experience the gospel from the Savior's point of view.

There are many fireman and policeman, etc. that protect us from the harmful things that can happen to us and our families. However, there are few that bear the name of the Lord Jesus Christ over their hearts as his authorized servants... we are not here to save peoples lives as a fireman or policeman, but to save their souls.. --truly I dont think that there exists a better job.

I am grateful to be a missionary and hold this holy calling. i have been able to grow so much over this past year and I look forward to the next year, for I know that it will be full of many wonderful opportunities.

At the moment we are in Macieó. Yesterday we had our Zone Conference and our p-day was changed to today. So we were able to stay and pass the year mark with some of the other elders. We actually found a little place that has "paintball" so we did that today. It has been fun, yet we will need to go soon and make the long trip back to Viçosa.

At the end of last week we encountered a man named Eddy (Edivaldo) who immediately invited us in.

We told him about the gospel of Christ and the importance of baptism. He was very excited to go to church with us, however when we passed by sunday morning no one was home....

We entered in the church a little down because all of the other investigators for t
that week descided to travel as well, or had another excuse..

As we entered in I noticed Eddy with his wife sitting in the 2 seat of the little meeting house... with their 8 kids and mother-in-law! They made it there almost 1 hour before church even started!!

After church we visited them and he told us that he was passing through some difficulties in his life. He had prayed to the Lord that he would show him the way that he needed to go with his life... and the next thing he knew, we showed up in his doorway.

I truly know that the Lord guides us in the work. We are merely the last peice of the puzzle that he puts in to make his plan work out and to help his children return to him. I know that God lives and that he loves us.

For the first time in my life, I can actually say that and feel what those words mean.. ever since I have been here I have been able to feel that love and to know that "He is".

I love and miss you all. Yet, I do not consider seeing any of you for another year and i am just fine with that.

Elder Dinwiddie is doing excellent. He is speaking so well already. I am truly grateful to have recieved such a great companion.

Take care,
EU AMO VOCÊS!!!

-Elder Olson