

This has been a great week. We have really been able to see some great changes in the branch here, more unity, more love, more interest in the things of God. We have held some great activities and firesides that have strengthened not only the members, but also some less-active members,and investigators. I am loving it here! This transfer has been one of great growth, learning, friendship, joy, and success. Sometimes it is a little hard to actually see the progress occur within ourselves, yet at times it is a clear and strong change.
I am very pleased to hear about the large number of missionaries in our ward that are just leaving or have recently recieved their call. Ha, boy do they have a surprise in store or them! The restored gospel is truly something incredible, in the fact that it has the capacity to change us... if we are fully envolved in it. It seems like when you live in a way that truly elevates you, you are able to have a better point of view at things that seemed so large, complex and distant from you.
I know that it has only been a short 10 months, yet it has been enough to teach me and show me a thing or two, and I look forward to the next 14. The work is going well here and we are finding great new people to teach. The Lord has really been helping us lately with all of the activities, classes, firesides, and work in general. It is kind-of funny to think that the Lord would leave two 20 year old boys to lead and direct his church here. It´s kind of alot of trust, né?
Just want to let you all know that the Lord lives, and He is actively working miracles among us. It is sufficient that we put our trust in Him and excersize faith. I´m not talking about just believing in anything.. but actually DOING something to make a difference!
This week we are going to baptize Paulo,a 14 yr old garoto de poder!(powerful lad) and his sister. I am way excited!!! Next week is transfers, and I am really hoping that I will be able to stay here in Viçosa for one more.
Well, gotta go.
love you all.. valeu,_Elder Olson