



So guess what?..........its raining ...
Well, this past week has been great. This morning we gave the house a much needed cleaning, and have been just relaxing a bit today (we were really needing it).
The work is going well here. We have been working really hard with alot of the members and have seen some great improvement. Over the past week we have been working in the large weedfilled backyard of the churchhouse (kind-of reminds me of home, ha). Elder ramos and I, along with a recent convert family decided to transform the back of the church-yard into a mini orchard and vegetable garden. There is alot of room and will serve to help alot of needy families here in Viçosa. This next week will be pretty busy as we will start reading the Book of Mormon with the young men and women of the branch and I will start giving english lessons at the church. We have started a bunch of great little programs like this here to help the ward become closer and more unified. Also to help the members, investigators, and recent converts get to know each other. I have truly gained a testimony that by small things, great things come to pass (Alma 37:6-7. I will be honest, the work here is not the least bit easy; yet somehow i find myself smiling, laughing, and enjoying every minuite of it (I think the Lord helps alot) It's funny how I once looked at work as something almost horrible--and now I get excited for it...weird,isn´t it? I have been able to see the importance of having a willingness to work. It is like my trainer always said, "if you (personally) do nothing, nothing is going to happen." If we are not doing our part, how are we going to see things get better, cleaner, brighter? The world is only changable if we are willing to make it change.
This past week we spent a day visiting the huge colony of people living in tents on the local soccer field because their houses were destroyed by the rain. There is a recent convert family (Carlos + Lucia) that we have been helping that are living there as well, and they were happy to introduce us to all of their friends and neighbors. We have found some excellent families that we will be working with the next few weeks. I am very excited. Also, the 12 yr old boy that we baptised 2 weeks ago has started bringing some of his friends and cousins to church with him, and through this we have been able to meet their families as well. He is an awesome kid. It has been incredible. Although we are dedicating alot of time to the existing members and inactive members, I have found that as long as we are working the Lord is helping us to find people to teach (or in many cases, helping others to find us) -I just want you all to know that I find this gospel incredible. It has a way to change others into something better, brighter, and happier too. I am really loving my time in Viçosa. It has shown and taught me many things.
I miss you all a bunch... but not that much...j/k-- take care, -Elder Olson