It was good to hear from you all.
I hope you all have a great time at the cabin this week--those times were always full of experiences that I will never forget.
I love you and miss you all a bunch...
Well, transfers came and went... and I was assigned to stay here in Viçosa!!! Elder Ramos and I were both very excited with the news.
Last transfer we were able to see some incredible changes in the branch here. Although there are still many problems, I have been able to see so much more love and unity between the members.
It doesn't make too much sense to baptize a bunch of people into a ward that is unworthy to receive them, or one that is with contention.
Well there is not too much to say about this past week other than the baptism that we had on Saturday. Paulo and his sister, Ana Paula were baptized(they are the cousins of our recent convert, Ramillo) We have been helping their family, and are working to marry the parents and get them baptized as well.
We were also able to help fix some problems here between a few people in the branch.
Mom, you asked about the mission president here:
President Beynon, is an incredible president, I have heard stories of mission presidents that are really strict and stern with all of the missionaries. Yet my president is like an extremely spiritual and loving uncle. He expects that we do what is right without him having to get on us about it. It´s good for me, yet I think that it maybe isn´t the best for some other missionaries.
Somehow, during the 4 or so hours that we spent tracting yesterday, I am pretty sure that we ran into every crazy old man in the city,one guy in particular was hilarious!
When we first clapped outside of his gate, he appeared at the window,(naked) and told us that he didn´t want to hear our mormon conspiracy theories and that we would never convince him of anything! Ending, "I was born catholic, and I will die catholic!"(it is kind of a common thing to hear, being a missionary here)
We told him that we were not here to convince him of anything, but merely to tell him about a new prophet that God had called.
He just gave us a look that I imagine an assassin usually gives before killing someone. After that we just began some normal conversation with him and it turned out that he has an incredible life story; adventures of traveling and working all across the world, Indonesia, New York, Germany, Portugal (where he was actually born). We had a great conversation with him, and he invited us back for another visit.
Well you had asked to hear a little more about me this week and a little less about the branch and the work. -so here it goes,
It would be close to impossible to describe what has happened in the time that I have been in this area.. but let me give it a shot.
Last transfer was by far, the transfer where I had the most growth. We were thrown into a situation that would have been impossible to fix without the help of the Lord.
I learned so much about the faith that is required to accomplish miracles, and also the importance of remembering that everything will happen according to the will of our loving Father in Heaven.
My testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ grew, and I was truly able to perhaps feel(just a little bit) of what his Atonement did for humanity...
I am so grateful for His constant love and help in my life..
I can testify to you all that the spirit literally speaks through us, and as a result others are able to feel and recognize the power and authority that is given to one ordained.
I can testify that every other church is false! It is so much clearer to see the corruption of man when you are living in the world but are not being a part of it. It is so clear that this is the only true church of Christ.
I can truly declare to you all that Satan exists, and his influence is among us every day. His voice can be heard, normally, or just as that of the spirit.
God lives, and is the author of any good influence in our lives... anything else does not come from him..
Thanks for your support... just know that I am doing great, and am happy..
Valeu,
-Elder Olson