opa..
Well things have gone pretty good this past week.. I can´t believe that I am almost out of this place! I have really enjoyed my time here at the CTM. Yeah some days aren´t so great.. and some days I would rather eat my socks than what they are serving for dinner.. but in all it has been great. The elders in my district have become some of my closest friends, and while here I have been able to grow much in heart and mind.
One thing that I will miss the most besides the people are the incredibly meetings that we have here: all of the sunday meetings as well as the devotionals that we have through-out the week. I have never felt the spirit so strong, since I came here..
There is an immense love that everyone has for each other, its impossible for me to describe it to you..
Probably the most important thing that I have learned here is love..- The best example that comes to mind is of our older brother, Jesus Christ. Even though he was rejected, mocked, spit upon, and beaten.. He loved everyone so much that He still paid the price for us.. "He died for the ungodly" - Romans 4:6-8. This is charity, loving everyone despite their faults.. If our Savior could still love someone after being smitten, persecuted, and rejected by them I think that we can all show alot more love for each other.. plus its not a suggestion.. it is a commandment. I have stuggled with this alot, but I can tell you that I know that life becomes easier as we strive to love everyone..
On friday we went on our last proselying trip to downtown São Paulo, to a place called Avenida Paulista.. Wow it was incredible! It is like the equivelant to Wall Street.. so many people, and we were completely surrounded by giant, oddly shaped skyscrapers.. It was an awesome experience.
Oh yeah, sorry mom but I dont know my mission address.. or anyone elses, because my second week here I left my paper with everyones addresses in an internet cafe somewhere. So you may just have to look through some stuff..
Well, I better go for now.. You may not hear from me for a while as I will spend my whole next p-day traveling to Maceió and getting settled in. I am a little worried because I still dont know the language very well..but I will be fine, I am so excited to get there.
love you all,-elder olson