I am glad to hear that everyone is doing good.. thank you for all of the pictures, they always make me smile. It is good to hear about how everyone's family is doing and little stories about the kids..ha..I miss you all alot! I always appreciate the letters that you take the time to send. Tell Aaron and Sami congratulations from me.
I have attached some pictures to this email, hopefully you get them. They're not too good because it is against mtc rules to take your camera out of the building.. so I dont have any temple pictures or of the crazy streets here.
To answer your questions mom:
-->Tiago = James
--> We got a Brasilian companionship in our room, there is Elder Sande from Moçambeq, and Elder Seoane from São Paulo.. they are awesome. By now we know alot of the Brasilians here. They are all so funny.. we sit by them at lunch and practice with them during class on occasion. In the whole ctm there is probably less than 200 Americans and 50 Brasilians, so it´s not too hard to know a good portion of the people here. There are alot more Brasilians in the field though, because they only stay at the ctm for 2-3 weeks.
--> Campinas Temple is on top of a hill overlooking the beautiful city of Campinas.. it is a very cool view. The São Paulo Temple is deep in the city.. it is alot older, but so beautiful inside. I have never seen such beautiful stained glass murals.
--> and yes, I got the pictures that you attached..
Well this week started out a little bad, but it became a great week..on Wednesday, a missionary from our district, Elder Maher from Lehi, went home.. he had been struggling with sickness for the past few weeks and had some other medical issues. He had to leave us only with a note. It was hard to see him go, he was an awesome guy.. our district has grown very close together over the last month and a half. they are all incredible people..
On Saturday we taught another member family for practice.. this lesson went a lot better I thought. The family was 4 little kids and their mom sitting behind them..I loved teaching them. It kind of reminded me of my primary kids!
Later we had a talk given by Elder Richard G. Scott and Neil L. Anderson.. I had been practicing with the choir for the past few days to sing Come Follow Me.. it went well. Right at the beginning of the meeting Elder Scott requested that we all shake his hand, so we made a big line and were able to do so.. He is a lot shorter than i thought..but has such a big countenance about him.
Elder Scott's talk was amazing.. he is so wise and full of the spirit. he emphasized how important is is to read the Book of Mormon for EVERY member of the church. he also allowed some time for us to just ask him questions, and at the end he shared with us a very powerful testimony..
It was a great meeting. One thing that I remember from his talk, that really struck me, was how important it is to trust the Lord, and pray to him often.. Sometimes I think that we all can take prayer for granted.. He testified that he knew that the "Savior is actively and personally involved in each of our lives every day", even if it may at times feel that he isn´t. He is because of the great love that He has for each of us.. every soul is precious in his eyes.
I´m starting to understand the language a lot better.. I think that I will learn a lot more when I am out of here because I will have no choice but to speak Portuguese.. I do okay though.
Speaking of which I only have 2 weeks left of the ctm! I am so excited to go to Maceió..
So this Friday will be Halloween! or in Brasil "O Dia Da Bruxa" (day of the witch) as you will all be trick or treating with your kids, or answering the door and handing out the candy..i will be out on our last day of proselyting while in the mtc.. so in a way we will all kind of be doing the same thing.. sharing candy with others.
eu espero que meu doce é mais melhor sabores..
Hey, i just got your e-mail dad.. thanks, I love ya a bunch. Well, I better go.. hopefully everyone gets the letters that I send.. if you do let me know and if you send a letter make sure that it is to my mission address. Love you all...
-Elder Olson