Well, here I am..
Wow what a crazy couple of days. I don´t know if I will be able to remember too much.. and I am in a huge culture shock right now...
The flight to Maceió was good, it took about 2 1/2 hours or so. As we flew in I could already tell that I was going to love it here.. It is a huge country side, with little towns here and there. Basically the exact opposite of são paulo.
In the lobby, President Beynon and his wife were waiting for us.. What awesome people! I am so grateful to have them as the leaders of our mission.. I could not ask for anyone better.
Well, we went back to the mission home, ate, and had a few meetings..then, we were to meet our companions.. Most of them were there to pick up their filhos. But Elder Bevan and I were told that we were going to Aracajú, which is around a 5-6 hour bus ride south in the state of Sergipe; and we would meet our companions there.
We took a public bus and arrived in Aracajú around 11:00 that night, and met Elder Bevans companion and o líder da zona.. I was told that I would meet my companion tommorrow, because I would be serving in Estância (I think that is how it´s spelled).
I stayed at the zone leader, Elder Paulo, and his companions house last night..
Today is our assigned p-day, so this morning we went to the stake center in Aracajú and played some soccer.. It was alot of fun. Wow, you would not believe the poverty here.
Around noon my trainer came and picked me up, Elder Gonçalves..wow, what an awesome guy.. I am very happy to serve with him, and I know that he will teach me alot.
We took a taxi for ~2 hours to the town Estância.. It is in the middle of nowhere.. I have no clue where I am. But I know that I am going to love it here.
I have never been so happy I guess that this area is the furthest away from the mission home than any other.. by far..also Estância is the only area where the elders have to ride a bike..
Wow, it is crazy here..but I love it already,
-take care,-elder olson