Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14, 2008

Opa para vocês..
Well, things have been going muito ótimo lately. Every week seems to begin and end on the same day! However, every day seems to be about week long.. Yeah, its a little wierd..

On saturday we had to teach a fifteen minute lesson in portuguese to a local member family.
é foi bem.. They were really nice people (and luckily, patient enough to listen to me). I probably would have been a bit more prepared if we had been told a little earlier than the day before we taught.. más.. tanto faz.
It is very difficult to talk to people.. because they talk so fast! Then I will finally understand..only to not know how to respond. It´s a little frustrating. Luckily we have awesome teachers.sometimes we get off subject a little bit.. All the instructors here are natives who have only been home from their missions for about 1-2 years. Needless to say, we have heard some awesome stories... Just glad that I wont be going to Rio.. brincadeira..

As I look back each week, its amazing to see how far I have really come in only a month.. Although I am not anywhere close to where I need to be to effectively teach this gospel, I have still come quite a long way.. I´m not too worried though, because it is not my ability to speak that will convert someone to this gospel.
The food here is alright.. every meal we will have rice, beans, and a few other items(usually meat or a cassorole) and then a ton of fruit. Some days it is awesome, like a brasilian churrasco or something weird that I have never seen but tastes delicious.. Then other days it can be awful; like a weird greenish black blob of something mixed with cheese, cabbage, or something else. I usually try to taste a bit of everything, and some times I find that I am not able to swallow it..!wow, they have some sick stuff in here!..it makes me wonder what kind of weird things I will be eating outside of the ctm. Dont worry though, I´m working on my gag reflex.. I should have it down by the time that I´m out of here..haha
Então, last night, Elder Maher from Lehi came in to our room and asked me to give him a blessing. He has been extremely sick for the past few days.. It was great to be able to give him the blessing. I know that this is it.. This is the truth.. I am so grateful for this gospel in my life. I am so glad to be here serving.. This is exactly where I am supposed to be. Estar aqui, e´ muito duro.. eu não tabalhar este duro em toda minha vida..mas, é tudo boã.. eu sou feliz e amo brasil. é tão bem aqui..
Thank you all so much for your letters, they are always very helpful.. Let me know what´s going on with everyone..
I love you all, -Elder Olson

p.s.-Sorry that it takes me so long to write you all back individually, I really dont have too much time, but I will try.. love ya all