Oí família, tudo bem?
It´s good to hear from you all.. hope that everything is going well. mom, your interpreting of the last letter was muito bom, mais ou menos..
I´m very happy for Angela, give her my congrats..
Well, it has been quite a week.. It has been so hot here for the past little while, muito quinte. They are just coming out of their winter here, and it will only get hotter..but I will only be here for about 3 more weeks, pretty crazy eh? ..
Then I can fully roast alive in the temperatures of Maceió....não, I am actually very excited to leave to maceió, it will be great. I don´t know if I will even be able to wait the 3 weeks..
Last night a big group left out to their missions that are scattered all accross brasil. They have sort-of a social in the gardens below our room. They sang Called to Serve (in portuguese of coarse). It was a big group.. It was so loud and powerful! I´m sure it was heard for a mile.
Last friday, we went proselying again in the downtown of São Paulo.. It was a good experience. I dont know though, it seemed a lot harder than before.. We had alot of rejection, but the few that felt like a success made it all worth it. My portuguese is improving, very slowly, but still improving with each day. I can understand alot better and am able to put things together a little bit better.
It´s been good though, last thursday the elders in our room split and we got some brasilieros. They are really funny and help out alot with the language.. All the brasilians are so nice, I love the people here.
On saturday night we had probably the best devotional thus far.. It was about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It was so good, I can not really put it into words.. but it was marvelous.. I think we tend to take too many things for granted, and this should never be one of those things.
Eu sou muito grato por o sacrifiço e amor do Salvador..eu sei que Ele é o Redentor do mundo. Ele nos liberamos do todos nossos pecados.
On sunday, I was called to speak in sacrament meeting! It was great.. the branch is not very big. The only bad thing is that you dont know that you are talking until they anounce it after the sacrament. My talk this week was on patience.. What an excellent subject, it is something I am definately working alot on. As well as all of the attributes of Christ. Because thats what its all about, right? Becoming more like him, and helping others do the same.
Eu acho uma escritura beleza em Tiago 1:2-4.. eu pensei é foi muito nessesário..talves? conta-me que voces pensaram, eh?
Bem, this week has been going pretty well, we just came back from são paulo templo. it was great.. I dont know if I said anything about it last week, but it is so beautiful.
Well, I better go. Thanks for everything.. I´m happy to hear that mackenzie actually knows what I´m doing here, as do probably the little kids.. I miss them a ton.. I miss all you guys..
oh p.s. if you get a chance, you should listen to the Brasil National Anthem.. We sing it here every sunday night. I love it! It always makes me laugh (mainly just because it is so hard to sing).
bem, amigos e família.. eu todo vos amo,-elder olson