Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I´m alive!!!!!!!!!! April 7, 2010

Things have been going good for us. We have been finding some great success in the work. We had a 17 year old kid show up at conference out of nowhere (miracle!) as well as some other great encounters that we made at the beginning of this week.
Conference was good, except that I had gotten sick last week and wasn't really able to watch any of the sessions on Saturday. I did like the Sunday sessions though. It´s better watching it in English but a lot of times we really don't have much of an option.
Easter passed by somewhat quietly this year, the only traditions that go on around here is giant chocolate eggs that are made and the catholic traditions (which happens the week before Easter, where everybody only eats fish).
Few remembered the true meaning. Yet I am grateful for the Lord's resurrection, and felt His love as we heard his prophet and apostles speak on Sunday.
We had our zone conference yesterday, which was good and very spiritual.
Today me and E. Hardisty borrowed some bikes and made a scenic tour to the mission office, we are here with Elders Silva and Bevan.
Hope all is well back home. The work is going forward here!
love you all.
Elder Matt Olson


P.S. IMPORTANT! because of a lack of ties for some of the young men here and me, I am starting a contest which I call the "THE UGLIEST TIE"! Over the next month or so everybody needs to be in search of the ugliest tie, get it and send it to mom and she will send me the box... (there is no limit to how many you can send)!
I will keep the 2 ugliest ties and send you a picture of me wearing them in the ugliest place that I find.. (since I usually like ugly ties)


love you all .... here's some pics of me, our church, and some p-days....