Hey gang,well the new year has definately come and it is as HOT as ever!!!!!
I want to start this year off right, so mom.. if you could send me a birthday list, with the name and birthdate of all it would be much appreciated.
Today I went with Elder Deurden to the Aquarium here in Aracajú, and then visited the Art and Cultural Center on the Orlã. I will have to send pictures later. But it was great. Elder Deurden and I talked alot, about pretty much everything and he has been talking to me about going to BYU after the mission. Which was something that I had been thinking about before. If you guys could look into applying at BYU for me, that would be great, I think that I need some more details too, if possible.
On monday we had a great day of work, marking some new baptisms! We met a great guy named Domácio that is really interested in the church and has already been reading a Book of Mormon that was given to him some time ago.
We were also invited to a Family Home Evening of an inactive 19 yr. old kid named Alderlã that has made the decision to return to church and prepare for a mission. He invited all of his friends and family to the meeting. We left a spiritual message, and had a few games. We will get alot of fruits through this young man.
On Tuesday we lit the zone on FIRE during the zone meeting! The president had changed alot of things on the mission to help the missionaries work more effectively, and everyone is excited.
I have been able to see that it is through humility we are able to progress and can become better people and better disciples of Christ. I can see that there are so many things that I have learned here that will be able to help me later in life. I think that everything changes when we realize that, many times we are not here to be taught or helped by others, but that we are here to do that for them.
I know that this gospel is true and that the Lord hears and answers our prayers.
Hope all is well back home.
I love you all a bunch
valeu,-Elder Olson