Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 20, 2009





-Hey, everyone!
Well it has been a great day for me and in fact a great semana. We have been working well, helping many of our investigators progress. I was very happy to hear from you all and know that things are going well back home. P-day is always great for that ya know. Well, we have got some great people that we are helping. I am really excited because most of these people have family or close friends that are active members. (I can't tell you how much that always helps out)
We have also seen some great blessing come because of the work that we are doing. For example: on Sunday we had some investigators to get that live in the part of town that is farthest away from everything (called "frei daminão")as we went early to get our investigators, a family passed by on the other side of the street and yelled across asking if the chapel was already open. Haha, to be honest I thought that they were joking. C´mon that just doesn´t happen here. We responded yes, and they continued down the road. After spending the morning trying to find all of the people that told us that they would go to church, we ended up arriving late with only 1 person, Alexandra. It is always a little disappointing, walking all over the village trying to get people to go to church and everyone but one gives you a pretty illegitimate excuse except the couple that actually end up going. But hey, I´m pretty used to it by now. Anyways, we arrived at church a little late and as we entered in the classroom we saw that entire family of 5 listening intently. Also some members had brought friends, and one of our recent converts had brought his sister that we had begun teaching. Needless to say we were very happy, and after church we were able to pass by and mark the baptisms of the entire family, as well as many of the other visitors. I can truly testify that the Lord is in this work. He is out there with us everyday, helping us find the elect or at times helping the elect find us.
Today was great. Elder Hill and Elder Moreira, who are our zone leaders, came and spent the day with us. It has been a while since I have been in the company of so many galegos.(like gringos) They both already passed by this area, so we did some visiting of old friends and converts. During the afternoon, one of our recent converts, named Maria (she is way awesome) took us to the sítio (or little farm) of her family. We had to walk for about an hour off in the hills to get there. Wow, what an awesome experience. I put of few pictures of today on this e-mail. All of that area is covered with gauchos (or cowboys), it is a pretty awesome site to see. If we had gotten there earlier we could have visited the nearby waterfall and gone fishing someplace on their land, however we´ll have to do that some other day. We were able to walk through the pig farm that they had there, which was pretty cool and very stinky. (the wild pigs that they have here are honestly terrifying!)
Well, this week we will spend alot of time in Maceió. We had to go there for district meeting on Monday and we will return tomorrow for zone conference with Elder Didier (Area authority of Brasil) that should be great. However we won't be able to make it home until Friday. tá osso ñ é..?
Well I´ve gotta go. Just want to let you all know that I am doing great. Viçosa is taking good care of me. This week was really good, and I hope that all is going well for everyone back home.
love you guys a bunch,valeu galera...!
-elder olson -love ya.