Hey everyone,
It is great to hear from you all. Dad it sounds like China is pretty different. It is pretty amazing that we are still able to communicate through e-mail, no matter where you are in the world.
I have been trying to send more letters--the only problem is that they take a long time to get there, and I usually only recieve letters once per transfer from the mission home (because my area is so far away)
Hey, tell Karrie Askerlund congrats from me. Cambodia mission will be awesome. I cant believe Mike Swan is almost home! -manda uma braço pra ele de mim. -->
Well, this week was transfers. I will stay here in Estancia, which I am very happy about, I have come to love this town. But I recieved a new companion yesterday: his name is Elder Silva, he is from Curitiba. He only has 1 month more than me on the mission, so this transfer should be interesting. It will be a new experience for us both. He is an awesome elder though.. and is excited to work hard. I am very excited for this transfer... things are going good for me..
I am aproaching my 5 month mark on the mission, crazy eh? It feels like I just arrived.. yet I look back and see how far I have come with the language, and how much my testimony has grown. I was reading in Ether (I think) the other day, and it was talking about our time here on earth. It said that "man must work out his own salvation". I have thought about this alot.. I have been in a situation to know this gospel all through-out my life--yet I dont think I was concerned about my own salvation. There are cross-roads in our lives that are trying and that are difficult, and it is at these times that we must show faith and must be diligent.. Because we are given these trials to help us grow in patience, love and faith-just as Paul wrote in Romans 5-; it is at these times that we must make desicions and work out our own salvation.. I am certain that the things that we do here with effect us eternally.and salvation doesnt come unless we work for it and use our agency correctly.
I love you all so much.. The work here is going great. It slowed down a bit over this last transfer. but I know that this transfer will be awesome. I am very happy for my new comp.- and for all of the blessing I have recieved.
I know that this is the work of the Lord, and I am grateful to be a part of it. I love you all and thank you for your support. Valeu..
-Elder Olson