Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 11, 2009




Hey Everyone,
Thank you so much for all of your letters and e-mails. I love hearing from you all. and seeing a picture every now and then.
Wow, this week has been incredible! Unfortunately, I only have a few more minutes until I have to leave. So I am going to have to cut it a bit short. However one day I will be excited to tell you about all of the crazy adeventures that I had this week.
Elder Silva and I are getting along great. He is honestly my best friend right now, and we are both so excited to work together in this area.
This week, we caught the fire of the work. We are working hard. I think that I can honestly say that this week has been the greatest of the whole mission-(so far, eh?)Each day, we have been able to see the hand of the Lord in our work. There is absolutely no other way to describe it. We are really envolved and enjoying the work. I am so grateful for my companion,Elder Silva is such an awesome Elder. We have a great friendship and are learning a bunch from each other.
This week i have learned alot about the Spirit. I know and have experienced his help, everyday this week. He has directed our route and given us the words to say. I have taught this week in a way like never before. This work truly is marvelous. I am so grateful to be a part of it.
Today, being p-day, we went on an awesome adventure clear out into the middle of nowhere, with a member here, wAlisson. It was incredible. I can't describe to you all how much I love Brasil, the people, the beauty, and everything that I am experiencing. This has been the best 5 months of my life.
Well, I gotta go. Take care,--I attached a few pictures of our excursion today.Desfrutem!
I love you all-Elder Olson
p.s.- things are starting to get a little crazy here with Carnival coming up in a week or so... it is going to be Havoc.well, happy valentines day and happy late birthday dad- I miss ya a bunch -love ya..tchau.