Monday, August 2, 2010

opa!‏ August 2, 2010

Hey everyone,
I hope that the bear lake trip is going well!....any wrestling matches yet?
....or perhaps a 4weeler ride..?....maybe not, eh?kkkk

-Well, I went through some mixed feelings as I read your e-mails today.
I guess today was one of the first days that I actually felt it all sinking in.
I remember leaving you all at the airport; it was a sad but exciting experience. I can remember thinking about all of the simple, little things that I would not be able to do with any of you for a long time. I guess its just the value that we give to something, only after we realize that we wont have it anymore..
I have missed those little things. I´m sure that each one of you can remember something you and I would always do together.
I want you to know that you are all part of me.
You were the biggest influences in my life; my teachers, my heros, my counselors, and my best friends.
I want you to know how much I love each and every one of you, and I hope that I wasn´t that bad of a little brother/son or whatever else... kkkk

Today it kinda hit me that soon I wont be a missionary anymore. That brought quite an unpleasant feeling. I feel like now, this is the only life that I know! I cant really imagine doing anything else...! So many incredible things that have happened to me out here. I cant really describe to you or anyone.
I guess that I could just say that the mission has saved my life!
No, I am not too close to salvation yet! ( I feel like there is always so much more to do every time i get to the top of the hill---it´s a bit tiring, yet challenging!) -but now i feel like I actually know where I fit in God´s plan. I know what my purpose is here! and I know what I need to do! .......
As I have been able to see over the past two years, living the gospel is no piece of cake!.
But then again cake would get a bit old if it was always "all you can eat" everyday! (maybe?)

I guess I´ll just let you all know right now that I have still not been able to get rid of mom´s crying genes!!! I can already feel the muscles in my face tighten when I think about boarding the plane to leave Maceió... yea, yea, I know, I´m a baby.
This place has really become a part of me....just as each of you are part of me.
This place has become part of my personal testimony, it has become part of my culture, and of my life.
I have laughed, and cried; I have walked, and slept; I have taught, and thought; and I have felt the Lords love stronger than ever before in my life...
If there is anything that I have learned here is that He lives and that He knows me.
No matter what, I think the Lord just wants us to all "hold in" and be happy...
So I guess it turns out that Bob Marley was right after all!..."dont worry about a thing" just know that if we are obedient and have faith then "every little thing will be alright".
I didn´t really want to write much today. But I guess that you all tricked me into it, eh?
Love you all, and have a blast at the lake this week,
tchau,
Elder olson