hey everyone,
Well, this past week has gone by fast. However, it has been great. Elder Frank and I have found a bunch of new great investigators, each one needs a lot of work.
But they are all progressing. Even when we teach people that are not interested at all, they show respect for us (almost always), and are willing just to talk with us, laugh, and hear a little about the church. That's one thing that my comps have taught me, when you see some one that is feeling down, it´s your job to make them smile, and to try and help them. That's really what we are here to do, to bring happiness to the lives of others.
I have never been so happy helping others. Some of the most wonderful moments on the mission that I have had so far have been when I have realized that what I am teaching is a true principle that will bring happiness to that person. There is nothing better than that confirmation to your testimony, to realize "wow, this really is true".
The other day we were teaching a family, and they had heard from someone that we do 'baptisms for the dead'. Haha, they were pretty shocked, thinking that we baptize dead people. We explained how it is done and told them why it is done, and the importance of it. The mother was very happy after we were done explaining. She told us about her father who had passed away, he never accepted any faith and was never baptized. However, she felt that he never had the opportunity to really understand the importance of these things. Our message brought hope again for her father, and brought joy and comfort back to her.
I am really loving my time out here on the mission.. it has been awesome. Ha, the other day we were teaching Irmâ Zefina´s family. When we left, the neighbor had just arrived with his carroça (it´s a donkey or horse pulled wagon). We talked with him and he told us to take it for a ride. It was our scheduled dinner time, so we decided to take it for a spin... haha, it was sweet! Elder Frank and I cruizing throught the beat-up roads of Estância on a carroça. I will definitely have to look into a donkey pulled wagon when I get home.
Well, all is well with me. It is mega-hot here, and I am loving every day.. other than that, I have gained my first disease (curable), and have parasites... pior é na guerra, é?
Elder Frank is hilarious, I am glad to have him as a companion.. everything goes better when you and your comp are both happy. I love having a native as a companion, its always a new great experience.
well, I´ve gotta go..love you all a bunch,-Elder Olson
love ya, tchau..