Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 17, 2008

Belezica..‏
Hey, how is everyone doing?
Thank you all so much for your letters, it is great to know the constant support that I have behind me and to hear how life is back home. I sure miss you guys.
The past few weeks have been busy and trying. But all is well here. I finally fixed my bike after working 3 days on foot-( wow, it makes quite a difference)
As for the food. I have really come to love rice and beans, plus all of the crazy fruit here.
The work is going well. Things have slowed down a bit, but the future is looking good. We have an awesome family that we have been working with; Irma Zefina, and her kids Fia, Gemeldo, Eduarda, and Divaldo.. They are awesome.
Ah, I am so grateful for the ward here..They are extremely helpful with this work. I have gotten to know many of the members very well.
It is difficult for me to explain Brasil to you..because everything is just kind-of marching to its own beat. Yet it is starting to become more normal to me.
Sorry, but I dont have much time.. I am very excited to talk with you all on christmas! But I dont know how it is going to work or where I will be. I will probably have to give you a call first or something.. Hopefully I can figure out a time that would be good for everyone.
I love you all so much.. This work really is an incredible work, and it is truly changing me.
Take care,-elder olson
p.s.- things that would be great to have:
-peanut butter (i have been craving this for some time)
-maple syrup extract
-M&M´s
-sunscreen (it is really expensive here)
-1-3 BYU hats (the members think that they are the coolest things ever.)
-photos of you all