Ol Minha familia. Tudo Bem?
Hey, Hows everyone doing? Well, right now I am on a bus going to the Campinas Temple, and I had a little time, so I figured I would write you all. It is so beautiful here, But I have never seen such poverty. Sao Paulo is so gigantic; everytime I look off in the distance(in any direction) I see a huge wave of skyscrapers.
Campinas is a little far away. Right now we are going through the countryside, which is thick rain forest with a small cluster of slums here and there.
Things have been going great this past week. I will admit, the first day was one of the hardest, distressed days of my life. All my companions are awesome guys, we get along extremely well. There are 6 of us in our room; Elder Whitehead & E. Clark, E. Duerden & E. Neuberger, and E. Holmes and I. We all have alot of fun together.
The CTM here is incredible, I really have enjoyed it alot. All the instructors here are natives, they are great teachers and have awesome personalities. They are really funny.
The portuguese is coming pretty slow, but I am getting better every day. I said my first prayer with a group, in portuguese on Saturday. It was a bit scary, but I had no problem.
WOW! we have almost been in 8 wrecks...driving here is insane!
Well, today is our P-day, and I think that we are going to walk around town. Maybe find an internet cafe or go to the supermarket, I'm sure it will be good. I haven't had much time to do anything, we have been so busy. We work hard and study alot, But I am having the time of my life. Being with all 6 of my companions, there is never a dull moment.
I know that Iam where the Lord wants me to be, and I know that the people of Maceio' are waiting to hear the gospel. I can barely wait.
Thank you for all your letters and prayers, they help me stay focused and dedicated. I love and miss you all...thank you for all of your love and support.
E voce amor eu enviais. -Elder Olson