Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ola! ‏ Wed 12/16/09

Well, it has been quite the busy week. Last week we had interviews with the president on thursday, and then on friday we had our zone conference/christmas party. It was great! At the christmas party I was able to see Elder Dinwiddie which is in the other zone in Aracajú. Every district (which is about 6 or so missionaries) had to come up with a skit or a presentation. Many danced or had a role play; Elder Dinwiddie and his district reinacted the first christmas. All of them were very funny. I also wrote a little song on the guitar about the "good" and "bad" things on the mission. It was all just thrown together at the last minute, but it was still pretty funny, I thought. For lunch the president took us to a churrascaria (which is kind of like tucanos), and we ate "até o pó!" It was really good.
Saturday and Sunday there was a regional conference of the northeast of Brasil. We watched a live transmission of Elder Scott and Pres. Eyring from Recife. It was so good. They talked alot about the importance of enduring in the service of the Lord, having faith in him, and basically just doing your part. On Monday, I was able to do a division and work in Estância for a day. I saw some people that I had baptized and was able to see some members that got to be great friends. There is nothing better to see people that you have helped living the gospel and leading a happy life. I never knew joy like this. It is kind of undescribable, but I´m sure that many of you know what I am talking about.
The work is going alright in Santos Dumont. I really love the members there. The only great difficulty is that this is my companions second to last transfer and he is very tired. He is a great Elder, but he has just let himself get a littly too trunky and is ready to "die" (which is what we say for those that end their mission. you are born and die on the mission) I will do my best to help him endure the last few months, but its no easy task.
I am very excited to talk to you all next week. I cant believe that Christmas is already here! I will only be able to talk for about 45 minutes though, so we will have to plan it out a little better this time. I am planning on talking around 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon (that´s time here-also the northeast has some crazy time difference because the banks and other goverment buildings are one hour earlier than everyone else here) Just talk to the whole family and tell me what time is best for everyone. I can talk almost any part of the day. I will be able to check my e-mail on monday. So the thanksgiving package finally arrived along with the shoes! Thank you so much for everything. It is so great to have some new things and some American treats!!-also i got the card dad. Thanks!
I realized, after getting the new shirt that you sent, that all my other shirts have been bleached a yellowish color by the sun..haha.
well gotta go,take care.
I love you all a bunch
Elder Olson